Our Rules and Regulations have been developed as a basis for good relations within Desert Willow R.V. Resort. The spirit behind these guidelines is in the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.” We trust we will have your complete cooperation not only to keep Park standards high and to maintain a happy and friendly atmosphere, but also to assure each RVer a maximum of convenience and comfort.
The following Rules and Regulations are a part of your agreement with the Park for the Lot you have rented. Please read the Rules and Regulations carefully and keep them on hand as they constitute a binding agreement between you and the Park Management. Park Management will interpret and enforce these Rules and Regulations in a reasonable manner.
A. The definitions set forth below shall apply unless the context indicates that a different meaning is intended:
- “Guests” includes all of RVer’s agents, employees, persons sharing the Premises pursuant to Civil Code Section 799.25, invitees, permittees or licensees or other persons in the Park or on the Premises at the invitation, request or tolerance of RVer.
- “Owner” includes, but it is not limited to, the owners of the Park (including the owner’s partners, directors, representatives, officers, employees, and agents) and the management of the Park (herein referred to as the “Park Management”).
- “Park” means Desert Willow R.V. Resort.
- “Park facilities” means the services and facilities of the Park.
- Park Management’s approval” or “approval of Park Management,” “Park Management’s consent” or “consent of Park Management” or other similar terms as used in these Rules and Regulations or in other documents referred to in these Rules and Regulations, means that the Park Management’s prior written approval must have been obtained by RVer before RVer commences any such action requiring Park Management’s approval. If Park Management’s prior written approval is required, RVer shall submit a written request to Park Management which describes the action RVer proposes to take and requests Park Management to give prior written approval.
- “Recreational Vehicle” (also “RV”) means a motor home, travel trailer, truck camper, camping trailer, or park trailer as defined in Health and Safety Code Section 18010 and referenced in Civil Code Section 799.29, and a vehicle used to pull a travel trailer or fifth wheel trailer.
- “Recreational Vehicle Park Occupancy Law” means those provisions of the California Civil Code Sections 799.20,et seq.
- “RVer” is the person who has established tenancy in the Park pursuant to the Recreational Vehicle Park Occupancy Law and who lawfully occupies a recreational vehicle located in the Park.
- “RV Lot” or “Premises” means the real property (which is a recreational vehicle lot) rented to RVer by Owner as defined by the Recreational Vehicle Park Occupancy Law.
3. USE OF FACILITIES.
- RVers have the right to use the Premises and Park facilities in compliance with these Rules and Regulations and the other provisions of the Park’s residency documents. RVer agrees that the enforcement of the Rules and Regulations and conditions of tenancy are a private matter between Park Management and each person individually. RVer agrees that he or she is not a third party beneficiary of any other agreement between Owner/Park Management and any other person in this Park.
4. PARK PERSONNEL.
- Owner shall be represented by Park Management, including a resident manager, who can enforce the Rules and Regulations on behalf of the Park’s Owner.
- Neither Owner nor Park Management will provide security officers, security guards, or security personnel with respect to the Park and are not responsible for any criminal acts which occur in the Park, and, to the extent permitted by law, RVer waives all claims against Owner and/or Park Management related thereto.
5. COMMUNITY STATUS.
- Desert Willow R.V. Resort is an all-age community with no minimum age requirements for RVers and their Guests.
- Willow Oak Estates is a Mobilehome Park operated by the same or similar management of Desert Willow R.V. Resort.
- For any Guest to stay at the Premises overnight, the Guest must be registered with Park Management and pay the guest fee.
- No Guest may stay more than five (5) days without prior written permission from Park Management.
- RVer agrees to acquaint all Guests with the conditions of tenancy in the Park, including, but not limited to, the Park’s Rules and Regulations. RVer is personally responsible for the actions and conduct of RVer’s Guests.
- If RVer will not be present, then no Guest(s) may occupy or otherwise use RVer’s Recreational Vehicle or RV Lot without Park Management’s consent.
7. RECREATIONAL VEHICLE AND ACCESSORY EQUIPMENT STANDARDS.
A. Recreational Vehicles. Only RVs as defined by Health and Safety Code Section 18010 are permitted to be placed on the RV Lot.
- Only one (1) RV may be placed on each RV Lot.
- Placement of RVs shall be determined by Park Management. In no event shall an RV be located closer than six feet (6’) from any building or other RV situated on an adjacent Lot.
- All RVs within the Park must be properly licensed. All owners of RVs shall furnish to Park Management a copy of the registration for the RV immediately upon its siting at the Premises and annually thereafter, or if there is any change in the legal or registered ownership.
- Only fully self-contained trailers and motorhomes are accepted. No tents or pick-ups with camper shells will be permitted.
- Each RV entering the Park must either be new or in good condition and approved by Park Management.
- A certificate of insurance for the RV must be available to Parkk Management; the certificate of insurance should indicate coverage for the duration of RVer’s stay in
B. Accessory Equipment and Structures. The installation by RVer of any accessory equipment and structures on the Premises is prohibited without prior Park Management approval.
- Building permits, licenses and other similar permission from government bodies or agencies must be obtained, if so required, before any installation or construction of certain accessory equipment and structures. All such equipment and structures must comply with all laws and ordinances.
- Before beginning a new installation of (or a change in) accessory equipment and structures or a change in any appliance which is to be connected to the Park’s utilities (including, but not limited to, the electric or water supply), RVer shall submit for Park Management’s approval a written plan describing in detail the accessory equipment and structures which RVer proposes to install or change.
- Any accessory equipment, structure or appliance not in compliance with the Park’s residency documents shall be removed from the Premises by RVer within ten (10) days of receipt of written notice.
- Upon termination of RVer’s tenancy, it is RVer’s responsibility to remove any accessory equipment and structures which RVer has installed upon the Premises.
C. Standards for Accessory Equipment and Structures. Conditions for specific equipment and structures are as follows:
- Cabanas. The installation of any cabana or permanent building on the Premises is strictly prohibited.
- Air Conditioners. Any air conditioner or evaporative cooler in an RV must be in good operating condition and must not make excessive noise that will be disturbing to any other tenant.
- Decks. A deck or porch may be installed with prior written approval of Park Management and must be constructed under permit and meet the appropriate governmental building codes. Porches must be of an approved material as determined by Park Management. Any deck or porch shall be a minimum and maximum size as determined by Park Management. Steps must have approved handrails, as required by law. The deck or porch may be covered by a roll-up type of awning.
- Exterior Storage Buildings. Size and placement must have management approval. Not more than One (1) storage shed, not to exceed ten feet (10’) in height and not to exceed a total of one hundred twenty square feet (120’), will be allowed. All exterior buildings are subject to the same maintenance standards as RVs.
- Fences. Fences are prohibited.
- Antennas. No exterior antennas, including, but not limited to, TV, ham and CB antennas, may exceed the height of RVer’s Recreational Vehicle by more than twelve feet (12’). A satellite dish must be approved by Park Management and mounted on the RV or on the RV Lot slab.
- Sunshades, Windscreens and Privacy Screens. Roll-up, aluminum wind screens or privacy enclosures are not to be used for storage of any items not otherwise permitted outside the RV.
- Clotheslines. Clotheslines are not permitted on the Premises.
- Patio and Carport Awnings. Must have management approval and conform to city, county and state codes. All anchors must be removed upon vacating the Premises.
- Skirting. Skirting is required on all park trailers in the Park within thirty (30) days of signing a rental agreement.
8. GENERAL MAINTENANCE OF PREMISES.
A. Premises. Each RVer is responsible for the maintenance and appearance of RVer’s Premises and recreational vehicle. The Premises shall be kept free of weeds, litter and debris at all times.
- To avoid damage to underground utilities, RVer must have Park Management’s consent before digging or driving rods or stakes into the ground. RVer shall bear the cost of repairs to any utilities or Park property damaged by RVer.
- The existing drainage pattern and grading of the Premises may not be changed without Park Management’s consent.
B. Landscaping. RVer may not plant any tree or shrub in the ground without the express written approval of Park Management.
- Any landscaping which has been installed by RVer without Park Management approval and/or in violation of these Rules and Regulations must be removed by RVer within ten (10) days of written notice.
- Any irrigation system must have prior written approval of Park Management.
- RVer is responsible for insuring that water does not puddle or stand and drains away from the RVer’s Recreational Vehicle into the street, but not onto other Lots or common areas. RVer may be required to correct improper drainage at RVer’s expense, including, but not limited to, re leveling or otherwise adjusting the RV or repairing and/or replacing any improvements.
- All landscaping installed by RVer, including, but not limited to, shrubs, vines, bushes and lawns, shall be well maintained by RVer. Such maintenance shall include, but not be limited to the trimming of all shrubs, vines and bushes in a manner that maintains an attractive shape and prevents such plants from blocking a neighbor’s view or from being excessively high or brushing against a neighbor’s RV.
- RVer will not trim trees or shrubs on Park property other than on his or her Premises without Park Management’s written consent.
- When vacationing or absent for any other reason, it is the responsibility of the RVer to arrange for someone to water and to maintain the Premises.
- RVer must be careful when using water to maintain RVer’s landscaping. To prevent the waste of water, nuisance to other residents, or damage to the roadway, water must be conserved and not permitted to overflow into the Park’s streets or onto the yards of neighboring residents.
C. Storage. Storage of anything beneath, behind or on the outside of the RV is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, storage of boxes, trunks, wood, pipe, bottles, tools, mops, ladders, paint cans or any item which is unsightly in appearance.
- Only outdoor patio furniture and barbecues approved for use by Park Management (such approval shall not be unreasonably withheld) may be used outside the RV.
- No appliances, including, but not limited to, water heaters, freezers, refrigerators, washing machines, clothes dryers, may be installed or placed outside of the RV at anytime.
D. Exterior Painting. The exterior paint on the RVer’s Recreational Vehicle, accessory structures and equipment, and the vehicle used to pull the travel trailer or fifth wheel, shall be properly maintained. Proper maintenance shall include, but not be limited to, the repainting of the exterior whenever the paint begins to fade, peel, flake, chip or deteriorate in any other manner. Written approval must be obtained from Park Management prior to any painting. Any change in color requires advance approval of Park Management. Spray painting is not permitted in the Park.
E. Dangerous Materials. Anything which creates a threat to health and safety shall not be permitted on the Premises. No flammable, combustible, or explosive fluid, material, chemical or substances (except those customarily used for normal household purposes which shall be properly stored within the RV and/or storage building) may be stored on the Premises and then only in quantities reasonably necessary for normal household purposes.
F. Damage. If any portion of the exterior of the RV or its accessory equipment, structures, or appliances, the vehicle used to pull the travel trailer or fifth wheel, or the Premises are damaged, the damage must be repaired or replaced within thirty (30) days
G. Sewer System. No objects that resist water (including, but not limited to, facial tissue, disposable diapers, paper towels, tampons, cotton balls) may be flushed or otherwise deposited into the sewer system. Grease, coffee grounds, facial tissue, disposable diapers, and sanitary napkins or other inappropriate items shall not be placed in the sewer system.
H. Garbage and Trash Disposal. Garbage must be wrapped and, with other refuse, must be placed in plastic trash bags and kept inside the RV until deposited in the designated disposal bins. Sanitary and health laws must be obeyed at all times. Combustible, noxious, or hazardous materials should be removed from the Park and not placed in bins. Lids on the disposal bins are to be kept closed. At no time must bins be so loaded with landscaping and pruning matter or other materials as to render the disposal of garbage impossible by other RVers. Materials must not be left outside of the bins. Bringing trash from outside the Park to dump in the Park’s disposal bins is not permitted. Construction debris and large items such as mattresses and appliances are not to be disposed of in the bins. Trash will be picked up periodically by the local refuse hauler.
9. ENTRY UPON PREMISES OF RVer
- Park Management shall have a right of entry upon the RV Lot or Premises for maintenance of utilities, for maintenance of the Premises where the RVer fails to maintain the Premises in accordance with the Rules and Regulations, and for the protection of the Park, at any reasonable time, but Park Management may not do so in a manner or at a time which would interfere with RVer’s quiet enjoyment. Park Management may enter a Recreational Vehicle without the prior written consent of RVer in the case of an emergency or when RVer has abandoned the Recreational Vehicle.
10. Owner free and harmless from all liability imposed by law for the injury of people or damage to property.
Park is not responsible for any supplies or equipment left on resort property or any other adjunct facilities after use has concluded and all participants have vacated the premises.
Park reserves the right to full access to all Recreational Facilities, Pools, Spas, etc., in order to see that rules, regulations, and applicable law is not violated. Park reserves the right to cancel any reservations without advance notice if the facility is needed by Park Management for business purposes, if repairs are required, or for any other reason.
- Recreational facilities are provided for the exclusive use of RVers and their accompanied guests.
- Hours for the recreational facilities and additional rules and regulations governing the use of the recreational facilities are posted in and about the facilities and are incorporated into these Rules and Regulations by reference.
- No drinking of alcoholic beverages is allowed in or around the recreation area or building, except at special functions approved in advance by Park Management. If alcoholic beverages are to be consumed, a liability insurance binder may be required. No glassware or soft drink bottles may be taken into the recreation areas.
- No gambling will be permitted at any time. However, bingo is allowed if organized by the Park Residents’ Committee, written approval is given by Park Management, and if bingo games are conducted in compliance with applicable law.
- Persons in swimming suits or trunks, wet or dry, will not be allowed in the clubhouse. All persons must be fully clothed at all times in the clubhouse and other Park buildings. Footwear must be worn in all Park buildings
- No RVer may have more than two (2) guests at any time in the recreational facilities, unless permission is granted by Park Management.
- Smoking is not permitted in the clubhouse and other enclosed areas of the Park’s common facilities.
- No one may put their feet against the wall, windows or tables within the recreational areas.
- Screaming, running, horseplay and loud noises are not allowed in the recreational areas.
- Recreational facilities and swimming pool rules may be changed or revised upon sixty (60) days’ notice to RVer.
- Radios, CD players, boom boxes, televisions, and other such entertainment devices are not permitted in the pool area, the clubhouse and recreational facilities of the Park, unless used with earphones.
- Park Management shall not be responsible for loss, theft, or damage of personal property left unattended at the Pool or Clubhouse Facilities.
- Residents wishing to reserve the clubhouse or rooms in the clubhouse for private parties, meetings or other functions must apply by making arrangements with Park Management two (2) weeks in advance, if possible. Should the date not conflict with any other applications, social events or planned use of the facilities and upon approval by the Park Management, the request will be granted. During such a scheduled event or party, the clubhouse facilities will be open to other Residents and their guests
There will be no charge for the use of the clubhouse; however, RVer will be required to pay for any damage that may occur. Those scheduling the function will be responsible for normal cleanup immediately after the event or party. All such functions must be carried on in full compliance with these Rules and Regulations and the other residency documents of the Park. RVer will, therefore, be required to provide Park Management with information relating to the function so that Park Management may evaluate the function.
11. SWIMMING POOL RULES.
- Persons using the pool must do so at their own risk. There is no lifeguard on duty.
- All persons must shower before using the pool or spa pool.
- Swim fins, diving masks, rubber floats, and the like are not permitted to be used while others are using the pool.
- Only manufactured swim wear in good condition may be used. No cutoffs or other similar “homemade” swim wear is permitted.
- Children under fourteen (14) years of age shall not use the swimming pool or spa pool unless accompanied by an adult.
- Guests are not permitted to use the swimming pool unless accompanied by a Resident.
- All persons who are incontinent or who are not “potty trained” are not permitted in the pool.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the swimming pool or spa pool.
- For protection of deck furniture, please place towels over chairs when using suntan oil, creams, or lotions. No person may enter the swimming pool or spa pool with suntan oil or suntan products on her/his body.
- No one with a skin disease or open wound will be permitted in any of the pools.
- Shoes or sandals must be worn to and from the pool area.
- Park Management reserves the right to limit the use of the pool at any time and to restrict use of the pool by anyone. Residents are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
- No glass containers of any kind are permitted in the pool area.
- Pools hours and additional pool rules are posted in the pool area and are incorporated herein by this reference.
12. REST ROOM AND SHOWER FACILITIES.
- Rest rooms and showers are provided for the exclusive use of Residents and their accompanied guests. These facilities are available for showering before and/or after using the swimming pool or as a rest room for persons using the laundry room or swimming pool. At all other times, Resident is to use the bathroom(s) located in Resident’s RV.
- These facilities will be closed from time to time at Park Management’s discretion for cleaning and repairs.
13. LAUNDRY FACILITIES.
- Laundry hours are posted. These facilities will be closed from time to time at Park Management’s discretion for cleaning and repairs.
- Washers, dryers, and all other laundry facilities are to be cleaned by RVer, inside and out, immediately after use. Clothes are to be removed from dryers as soon as they are dry. Dyeing may not be done in the washers. The laundry is to be left in a clean, neat and orderly condition. Pet laundry may not be done in the washers.
- Additional rules and regulations governing the use of the laundry and its facilities are posted and are incorporated herein by reference.